Problems with electric /hybrid cars and the solution.January 3, 2022
A)Problems with crude oil
- Although many people believe that the carbon in crude oil is the biggest problem.
- Crude oil may last another 50 years (if that long) before the amount that can be pumped is less than the demand. This is an educated guess, because most major produces of crude oil keep the oil reserves as a national secret. But by looking at what a country is currently producing, and the amount of oil presently producing, several countries appear to be in the end of production phase.
- If crude old prices become too expensive, the world economy will slow down.
B) Crude Oil Solutions
- We have the time to switch from crude oil to the non-critical sectors before the crude oil starts to get limited.
- Biofuel is a fool’s effort.
- Estimates are that we save only a little energy, or we expend more energy-producing Biofuel than Biofuel produces. (See Biofuel explanation)
- If we convert all plant mater on earth to biofuel, it will not match the production of crude oil in that year.
- Natural gas is also limited, even more, limited than crude oil, so it would be a band-aid solution at best.
- Crude oil needs to be saved for four sectors.
- Military (the military needs to move at a moment’s notice, waiting for electric vehicles to charge will not be acceptable.)
- Plastic (we need crude oil to make plastic. The bioplastic faces the same problems as biofuels)
- Airline industry
- Ocean transport will go back to coal. (Batteries will not cut it. If saltwater gets on batteries corrosion develops.)
- Cars and Trains will need to go electric. (The problem with the trains is the third rail. It is too dangerous to be on the ground, and if it hung above the train, the train speed is having to be limited. The electric cable must meet the train’s electrical system.)
- Home Heating (Many homes use oil or natural gas; they will have to be switched over to electric. The government can offer low interest loan to assist the switch over. The best is to switch over to geo-thermal heating/cooling. A law would need to be set up to require all new houses to be electric and geo-thermal if possible)